Pages

Sunday 17 May 2015

Everyone of us is a HERO

A sharing from fb Narshiela Saad,

While in Cappadocia, we went to the Carpet Factory. Walking around sightseeing the beautiful carpets which were way beyond our budget, a friendly old man approached us.
"Everyone is a hero. Are you?" He asked.
"Yes we are." I replied.
"Then what heroic things have you done?"
That, exactly was when I fell silent. What heroic things have I done that I could confidently say that I am a hero?
He then continued, "You said you are a hero. Do you eat McDonald? Do you drink CocaCola?"
At that moment, I thanked God because I could answer no. What if I still eat McDonald and drink CocaCola? It would be such an embarrasing moment to admit that I am a hero, but still contributing to the genocides happening in Palestine.
It was such a random conversation at such a random moment. It happened because I was wearing the muslimah t-shirt with the writings as in the picture. I am glad that my outfit triggered such short but very meaningful conversation.
And though we might not see how our little deeds affect the world, today I saw a little effect. He is a Turkish man, we are Malaysian girls, but we are all Muslims. I am glad that I continued boycotting, giving up drinking Milo that I couldn't live without.
Right then when we were talking, he wasn't a Turkish man talking to some Malaysian tourists. He was a Muslim talking to his sisters in islam. Our actions aren't always impactful, but someday somehow we'll be glad that we did what we did, sacrificed what we sacrificed, believed what we believed..

BOYCOTT please. Bring up our spirit together to boycott!
SAVE PALESTINE. ALLAHUAKBAR!


No comments:

Post a Comment